WELCOME TO JURE 2017 PRE-CONFERENCE
We are happy to invite all junior researchers of EARLI to present their research at the 2017 pre-conference of the Junior Researchers of EARLI. The event will take place at the University of Tampere, Finland, August 27th and 28th, right before the main EARLI conference.
We would like to encourage you to submit your research to the JURE conference to
- share your research among other researchers
- discuss and get useful feedback from experts who are internationally
- known in the field of learning and instruction
- be part of and form a network with young researchers in the your field
The theme of the JURE 2017 pre-conference is:
Education in the light of multiple perspectives: Towards intertwining personalised and collaborative learning.
Over the past years and more recently, the field of Research on Learning and Instruction, has seen tremendous shifts in the delivery of learning and instruction, its goals, and its understanding as a discipline. The aim of the conference is to learn, introduce, and discuss new insights and challenges posed by ongoing changes within the educational field. Moreover, the conference aims to foster new and exciting ideas and approaches for addressing the ongoing development.
OBJECTIVES & SCOPE
Challenges often originate from new ways of looking at the organisation and delivery of education. To be able to address challenges and identify opportunities, JURE 2017 focuses on three general questions:
- How do learners learn, and how can we support their learning in these ‘new’ environments? (e.g. self-regulation, instruction in online, blended and face-to-face learning environments, situated and collaborative learning environments)
- How do we assure that we do not lose the rich social context of learning? (e.g. participation, collaboration, democratic values)
- How do we make sure the curricula and institutions have a solid answer on these new evolutions in education? (e.g. curriculum design, evidence-based teaching, professional development)
Proposals should consist of an abstract (300 words at maximum) and an extended summary (1000 words at maximum, including references). Additionally, proposals for the following session formats should be submitted through the conference website:
Paper sessions are 90 minutes long, in which mainly three conceptually linked papers are presented and discussed. Each presentation will last 15 minutes followed by 10 minutes of questions.
Poster sessions involve visually presented research studies. Each poster is introduced with a brief oral presentation (max. 3 minutes) allows the participants enough time to freely walk from poster to poster.
Round table sessions are 60 minutes in length. Round tables should give you the opportunity to discuss outcomes as well as the design of research projects or research in progress. Each round table session will consist of two conceptually linked projects. Each presenter has five minutes to introduce his/her project and raise one or two open questions. Twenty-five minutes are intended for discussion. Presenters should prepare a hand-out for the other participants but not a slide.
Submission opens in Septempber 28, 2016
Deadline for proposal submission is October 27th, 2016
Decision notification by January 30th, 2017
If your proposal is accepted, you will be asked to submit a paper, which undergoes a second round of review with more detailed feedback.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
We look forward to seeing you in Tampere!
The JURE 2017 Organising Committee
Download call for submission: