On September 28th 2016 we opened the JURE 2017 submission system. The first call for proposals can be found here.
The deadline for submitting your proposal is October 27th 2016. After this date you will not be able to make a submission, as the review process will be fully underway. See also questions and answers: https://earli.org/faq
REVIEW PHASE I
In the first phase of the review process, both a senior researcher and a committee member of JURE 2016 will review the submissions. The outcome of the first phase of review is the notification of whether your proposal has been accepted, offered an alternative presentation format, or rejected. This information will come by email on January 30th 2017. The email serves as an acceptance letter. However, in case you need the formal acceptance letter (to be used in scholarship applications etc.), please contact the EARLI office: https://earli.org/earli-office
For acceptance your proposal should fulfill at least five out of the following seven criteria:
- Research in the field of learning and instruction (necessary requirement)
- Clear theoretical grounding of the research
- Clear statement of the research question
- Clarity of the research design (participants – conditions – research context – variables, etc)
- Clarity of (planned) methodology (data collection, instruments, and analyses etc)
- Presence of an appropriate discussion on the research topic, research questions, design, methodology, relevance, or results
- Significance for educational practice and/or theory development in the field of education and/or educational policy
REVIEW PHASE II
Access to reviews
You have access to the reviews for your paper in the JURE 2017 submission system so you can improve the second version of your submission. Please note that you may have been assigned to a different presentation format from the one you originally submitted. The possible changes are based on the reviewers' feedback to best fit your presented research and the conference's programme. To access to reviews, log in at conference.earli.org
The deadline for submitting your proposal is April 1st 2017 (extended to April 10th):
- For paper submissions, you will need to submit a full paper (from 3000 to 6000 words) and an updated abstract (300 words), separate documents recommended.
- For poster submissions, you will need to submit the poster with an updated abstract (300 words).
- For round table submissions you will need to submit the roundtable handout with an updated abstract (300 words).
This second review round is intended to provide you with detailed feedback on your submission (the submission will not be rejected at this phase, you will only get the feedback). The submitted submitted documents (paper, round table, poster presentations) will not be published (conference proceedings/articles).
Instructions for submission
In an order to re-submit your proposal for JURE 2017, please follow these steps:
- Log in at conference.earli.org
- Click on "new submission" in your user dashboard (pdf-files recommended)
- Select the JURE 2017 Conference
- Follow the steps as required in the submission tool
- You will receive an automated confirmation e-mail once your submission has been succesfull.
- You will also see it mentioned in the user dashboard under "my submissions", marked with the "pending review" status.
- When submitting a paper presentation, your name should not be stated in the document so that a double blind review process is possible (this does not concern round table presentations and poster presentations).
- Once you have saved and submitted your submission, you cannot make changes to it. The minor changes e.g., in titles or study designs are acceptable between the I and II review round.
Access to final reviews
Once you have registered, you may have access to the reviews for your paper so you can accordingly improve the final version. The reviews will be online by June 21st. You will receive an email notification regarding your submission. Non-registered authors will not have access to reviews on their respective submissions. If you (or the other authors) do not plan to attend our conference, please inform us as soon as possible sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would also like to remind you that you will only be considered part of the conference programme after we have received your updated submission. After receiving the second reviews of your paper/roundtable/poster presentation, the final version will be presented in the conference (the final version will not be uploaded to the EARLI system).
Please note that the deadline for registration and payment is April 4th 2017 for early bird registration. Furthermore, we would like to encourage you to become a JURE member two weeks before the registration deadline in order to have access to a reduced conference fee. In order to ensure that you can benefit from the reduced conference fee, make sure that you have registered as a JURE member before March 21st 2017.
Feedback procedure: peer reviewing
As a participant of the JURE 2017 Conference you are expected to take part in the feedback procedure:
- You are expected to comment on one paper, poster or round table handout of another conference participant. In addition, senior researchers will also provide feedback on paper submissions. Thus, for paper submissions you will get feedback from one peer reviewer and one senior researcher and for poster and roundtable submissions you will get feedback from one peer reviewer. After you have submitted an updated poster, roundtable or full paper (by April 1st 2017), the conference committee will decide which paper, poster or roundtable submission you will provide feedback with. You are requested to send back your feedback by June 1st 2017.
- Furthermore, since our aim is to encourage exchange among the participants during the conference, you might get chosen to act as a chair in a roundtable or poster session (remember to check the final conference program when available). You may also to volunteer as a chair of a session. Further information about how to chair a session will be provided on our website as well as through an informative e-mail.
- To give you the most versatile experience of the junior researchers’ conference, every participant is expected to give oral feedback to the presenters at the venue.
We hope that you’ll make it and we’ll meet you at the JURE 2017 conference in Tampere!